Sunday, September 7, 2008

Back to the Grind

School started on the same day for both of us and we are both pretty busy. The hub is taking many classes to get a head start for next semester when he gets to play Mr. mom for a few months. He now has four interviews for dental school. We are really excited about that. So far we have Louisville, Arizona, Creighton, and Lincoln on the list. Lots of traveling coming up. On the first day of school I found out that I could not teach preschool in the same classroom as kindergarten. At first I was very stressed out about this, shed some tears and had a fit in the Principal's office. They wanted me teaching kindergarten 3/4 of the time and preschool 1/4 of the time in another classroom all together. Not happening! So, finally we are hiring for the preschool job and my job is all of a sudden a lot simpler. Now I am only teaching kindergarten and have 7 kids! I know, its incredible. Rose thinks that I will never be able to teach in a regular size classroom. She is probably right. Here are some pictures of the classroom for all my teacher friends.


Stay tuned for future posts:
Belly Update
Naked Neighbor
RC airplane flight take 2

7 comments:

Hoss.Rose.MiniB said...

I think "Naked Neighbor" should definitely be the next post...seriously you can't say that and give no details!

Milmonster said...

Truly one of the funnest things that have happened to us yet in our house. You will just have to wait and see.

Kristen said...

Ok we are expecting the posts soon!
The classroom looks great! You are livin the dream sister. SERIOUSLY!!! You wanna trade?
I'm glad Adam has so many interviews. Drew is getting back tonight from Arizona, he said it was super relaxed.

Randy and Haley Davis Family said...

Susan,
It is so good to hear from you!! When does Adam come to Creighton and Lincoln to interview? We are more than happy to have you/him stay with us. We are in Omaha and Randy is in dental school here at Creighton. Let us know when he will be in town. When is your baby due?

Kristin said...

Congrats on all the interviews! Hands down...ARIZONA! That's the way to go!

Erica said...

Susan-
Hopefully you remember me. It has only been a little while since we sat in those boring math seminars and the reading first trainings. :) I stumbled across your blog and thought I would say hello. Your classroom looks great! I am jealous. I am definitely missing kindergarten this year! Good luck with teaching and congrats on your pregnancy. We are also having a girl. Hopefully pretty soon. :)
Erica Stevens

Tiffany said...

I love your classroom! It's so nice and tighty! :)! You're having a girl! How exciting! You're going to make the best mommy ever!

So, you really need to blog soon! I want to hear about this naked neighbor of yours!