Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I don't smell anything

So tonight I was at the laundry mat, while the wife was at her exercise for 2 class. The place was pretty much empty, accept for me, and the attendant lady. Since I was more or less alone on my side of the laundry mat I saw no reason to be uncomfortable... so I pretty much let my gastrointestinal track run wild. They were pretty bad but, no one was around so I didn't think much of it. Then the attendant lady came around the corner, she was mopping the floor. She stopped, took a few steps, backed up and then started smelling the drain on the floor.
"I think some sewer gasses are coming up through the vent" she says to her self in her southern accent. Then she said it again louder. "Do you smell that?" looking at me, "some sewer gasses must be coming up out of the drain."
"I have a cold" I reply "I don't smell anything"
"Your lucky, It's pretty bad. I'm going to dump some bleach down the drain, see if that fixes it. That's the strangest thing."
"yeah... weird..." I said.
I tried really hard to control myself the rest of my time at the laundry mat.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Thats pretty funny! We got a good laugh out of it! Way to go Adam! Sounds like you should have claimed those!!

Josh & Melissa said...

Oh Adam,
Thank you for starting my day off with a laugh. P.S. I wasn't talking about the New Mandarin here in Laramie. I'll have to tell you guys about the Mandarin...the most excellent Chinese resturaunt in the world!

Kristen said...

That was hilarious!!

The Little's said...

That made my day. Pretty bad, huh? I'd say you might be rotten inside if the lady thought it was sewer gases. Maybe you should get that checked out.

Chelsea Ellingson said...

When I read that I said "That's sick!" and when I told it to Craig he said "That's awesome!"
Men...

Hoss.Rose.MiniB said...

Nope, that's what he always smells like, so does his dad, so do his brothers, and probably some other people in the family too...

Kristin said...

You always fart when no one is around...and then all of a sudden someone walks around the corner. Happens EVERY time! Love it Adam!

Mark and Jessica said...

I remember those sewer gases. I guess they were no worse than having to use bleach to flush the toilet though. HAHA

Anonymous said...

ahhh...Susan's so lucky to have you...;)