Wednesday, September 30, 2009

holy tomato

Tonight we went out to help MilMil (grandma Milmonster) harvest her tomatoes because it is suppose to freeze tonight. For those of you who have seen MilMil's garden this is no small feet. It took 6 of us about 20 minutes to get all the ready tomatoes. All of a sudden I heard grandma scream and the hub yell. I looked over and the side of Rose's head was bright red. My initial reaction (as you could imagine) was horror and then we all realized what had happened. Grandma had tried to throw a soft tomato to the chickens (around 15 feet) and didn't realize that Rose was right in her line of fire. The hub who was holding Rose tried to move out of the way (and did a pretty good job) but it still hit her. Here are the pics forever making grandma feel terrible:) Pics are from the camera phone. Rose wasn't shaken at all. She really didn't even have a reaction. She did like the chickens!

On another note...a few weeks ago we dressed up in our favorite sports gear to get free chick-fil-a. Even Rose got a sandwich. Go Pokes!

7 comments:

Hoss.Rose.MiniB said...

I so wish I had been home for the tomato harvest! Way to go Grandma! Should I be worried about my kid, maybe a little yam in the head around Thanksgiving?

Tiffany said...

Haha! Holy Tomato Grandma! So funny; I bet that was quite the scare!

Katielin317 said...

that is so funny! Struck by a tomato. YOu guys have such a beautiful little family. So laid back and ready to enjoy life. Little Rose is one lucky girl

Amy said...

What a great sunflower headband and how funny that grandma hit rose with a tomato.

jenn said...

That is so funny! That reminds me of when my grandma threw some couch pillows on top of Baden, who was just an infant, sleeping on the recliner.

em said...

Attack of the killer tomato...

milmil said...

The funniest thing is that if I had been aiming for Rose, there is no way I could have hit her!